DATES TO REMEMBER:
• April 9, 2014: Issaquah Garden Club Meeting, Tibbetts Creek Manor - 10 am Program: April Container Art Workshop.
• April 19th 2014: Earth Day at Pickering Barn, Issaquah.
• April 23rd and 30th 2014, 10 am to 1 pm: Pre Plant Sale Potting Event at Cate Mueller's. 1 Gallon pots are still needed. Bring a sandwich.
• April 22, 23, 24, 2014: WSFGC Gardening Study School, Brightwater Plant, Woodinville.
• May 7, 2014: ELWD Arbor Day Tree Planting, Issaqauh.
• May 14, 2014: Issaquah Garden Club Meeting, Tibbetts Creek Manor 10 am and Flower Show "Nature into Art".
• May 31, 2014: Issaquah Garden Club Plant/Bake Sale.
• Painting Class taught by IGC Member Joann Morgan - Classes are held every Monday, 10-1 at the Elks Club in Issaquah.
• The August 17th 2012 Issaquah Garden Club Garage Sale was a success, under the leadership of Michele Peltenon. We made over $800.
Thanks to Joan Harris for letting us use her yard for the Garage Sale.
• Issaquah Garden Club Event of June 13, 2012:
"Summer on the Move" a Small Standard Flower Show was held at the Issaquah Library, 10 West Sunset Way, Issaquah on June 13, 2012. It was opened to the public from 1:00 to 6:00 PM and free of charge.
Viewed were horticulture entries grown by club members as well as floral designs entered for competition by club members. There were "Dancing Displays" of Perennials and Trees and Shrubs that appeared to be "Sailing in the Wind". The "Summer Fun" of design included competition categories like "Walking on Sunshine", "Strolling in the Garden", "Enjoying Cool Treats", "Spotting Lightning Bugs", and featured entries in a summer activities category of "Basking in the Sunshine" sun visors with floral motifs. Educational Exhibits taught us about noxious and invasive plants as well as motivating our youth to garden.