DATES TO REMEMBER:
• November 12th 2014 - Issaquah Garden Club Meeting, 10 am at Tibbett Creeeks Manor, Issaquah. Jon Throne, Floral Designerndowner of Countryside Floral presents "Holiday Magic".
• Painting Class taught by IGC Member Joann Morgan - Classes are held every Monday, 10-1 at the Elks Club in Issaquah.
• "Nature into Art" A Small Standard Flower Show. was held May 14th 2014 at Tibbetts Creek Manor, Issaquah. The floral designs entered for competition by both novices and designers. We had beautiful and well maintained Horticulture grown by club members. Educational Exhibits were on display.
• The August 17th 2012 Issaquah Garden Club Garage Sale was a success, under the leadership of Michele Peltenon. We made over $800.
Thanks to Joan Harris for letting us use her yard for the Garage Sale.
• Issaquah Garden Club Event of June 13, 2012:
"Summer on the Move" a Small Standard Flower Show was held at the Issaquah Library, 10 West Sunset Way, Issaquah on June 13, 2012. It was opened to the public from 1:00 to 6:00 PM and free of charge.
Viewed were horticulture entries grown by club members as well as floral designs entered for competition by club members. There were "Dancing Displays" of Perennials and Trees and Shrubs that appeared to be "Sailing in the Wind". The "Summer Fun" of design included competition categories like "Walking on Sunshine", "Strolling in the Garden", "Enjoying Cool Treats", "Spotting Lightning Bugs", and featured entries in a summer activities category of "Basking in the Sunshine" sun visors with floral motifs. Educational Exhibits taught us about noxious and invasive plants as well as motivating our youth to garden.